Friday, October 5, 2018

My experience of "My Travel Moment" - The photograph exhibition

I had been craving for some good photographs to kick start myself. Yes, I am an aspiring travel photographer, it was by then I heard about this exhibition "MY TRAVEL MOMENT" organized by IndiaLovesYou at Piramal Art Gallery in NCPA. It was just a matter of seconds, I decided to pump-up my sleeping inspiration and landed by 11:45 on a very beautiful Sunday morning. 

It started around 12 and as I got in, I saw the elongated hallways of gallery proportionally adding depth to the exhibited photographs. The ambience was calm and encouraging. The background music was soothing adding to the whole atmosphere. 

To me, it was less of an exhibition and more like a social gathering with people discussing the basic rules and composition of frames in each photo. The team at IndiaLovesYou was playing a vital role in taking care of the guests, providing refreshments on the roof-tops. Even the web-portal was running for the people who wanted to know about the products, the organization offers.

Yes, I was enthralled and was on my feet for 2-3 hours gazing through the photos like a kid in a candy store. Then I suddenly overheard a funny conversation of a photo being fake. I turned my head to see and was astounded by "The Intrigued Tiger" (that's what I named it). Pushing everyone's curiosity it turned out to be an original photograph. 

There was a good foot-fall throughout the day with more and more people coming in. The exhibited photos were a mixed blend of people in beautiful moments, animals, beautiful landscapes. 

The press was bothering me coming in by 2 times. 

Walking through the gallery a certain photograph caught my attention. My face cringed with a smile for a moment or two with a black and white photograph of an old couple walking together in each other's infinite love. 

Towards the end, the exhibition was becoming much more like a Hitchcock movie with people thrilled to see who the winner would be and the suspense was lifted by announcing the winner. The best photograph awarded was of a "Deer". 

Guests were curious to know when would the next exhibition be organized. An inspiring event of course it was. I was feeling proud about my country and was touched by its diverse beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment